New Hyper Dock includes CFe slot and NVME slot with Thunderbolt 5

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BarkingBeans Coffee

Michael H
Supporting Member
Marketplace
New Hyper Dock

Downside is only 5gpbs Ethernet, not 10 for those with a NAS.

Here is from the product page

Triple Display Support -- Support up to three 4K144Hz extended displays.
Thunderbolt 5 Connection --2x Data Transfer bandwidth at 80Gbps & 3x Thunderbolt 5 Downstream Ports for 120Gbps boosted bandwidth.
PCle Gen4 M.2 NVMe SSD --Extended storage that works as fast as you do.
CFexpress Media Card Slot --Highest performing media card for the photography professional.
5Gbps Ethernet --Ultra-fast networking speeds.
140W EPR PD 3.1 Passthrough Power Delivery --Ultra-fast power to your host computer
EcoSmart™ Construction --Faster speeds and better for the planet.

I have had both of my NVMe M.2 drives fail within 18 months of use. I have them configured for RAID1 so when one fails the data is safe on the other drive. Only drawback is that with the NVMe M.2 memory cards is that when one fails the other is not accessible until I replace the bad one.

SATA SSD dual drive enclosures will provide a more economical and more reliable solution.

A lot of sizzle, but checking the spec's, no steak...looks like mostly useful for multiple displays. No spec's on CFe or SD transfer rate and the 5Gb/s for USB-C is a bad joke. For that kind of money it should support 20Gb/s.

I have had both of my NVMe M.2 drives fail within 18 months of use. I have them configured for RAID1 so when one fails the data is safe on the other drive. Only drawback is that with the NVMe M.2 memory cards is that when one fails the other is not accessible until I replace the bad one.

SATA SSD dual drive enclosures will provide a more economical and more reliable solution.
Agree but good for a place to do initial editing with some greater speed and not have yet another item plugged in.
A lot of sizzle, but checking the spec's, no steak...looks like mostly useful for multiple displays. No spec's on CFe or SD transfer rate and the 5Gb/s for USB-C is a bad joke. For that kind of money it should support 20Gb/s.
Not sure what you are looking at that 5Gb/s is for Ethernet. There are 3 Thunderbolt 5 downstream ports.

Back