New issue with OM-1

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Tom Reynolds

Supporting Member
Marketplace
It is being reported that if you are shooting in SH2 (no blackout mode) and zoom while shooting the camera will not record images taken during the time when you are zooming. It is also being reported that shooting in Silent Shutter mode (slight blackout 20 f/s max) this issue doesn't exist. Finally, it is also being reported that this issue does not exist with the Mark 2 version of the OM-1.

Nothing, so far, has been reported about shooting is ProCaP SH2 in either version of the OM-1.

Could all OM-1 users with zooms check this out and verify or disagree about this undocumented "feature".

Regards,
Tom

Checked with my OM-1 firmware 1.4 and the Oly 12-40mm and the PL 50-200mm.

Issue happens on SH2 mode with AF-C enabled, regardless if Release priority is enabled or not.

It doesn't happen on S-AF or manual focus.

So I guess the behaviour is related to how AF-C is implemented in the OM-1.

I consider this question critical, at least for mk 1 OM-1 owners using a zoom.

Shooting BIF I would like to shoot at the maximum F/S and zoom in or out depending where the bird is in relation to me or what the bird is doing. For, example, I am tracking an eagle or an osprey heading for the water. I want to zoom in to catch the bird, and hopefully the fish, full frame. I would like SH2 50 f/s but not if I lose what could be "the shot".

Previously it has been reported that the OM-1 sometimes loses the "most important" shot but it appears that a little tweak on the zoom ring could be the culprit. Same situation/problem in ProCapture SH2 if shots are lost during zoom.

And does mk2 fix this? And will the late-this-year firmware update to the mk 1 fix it.

Tom

Checked with my OM-1 firmware 1.4 and the Oly 12-40mm and the PL 50-200mm.

Issue happens on SH2 mode with AF-C enabled, regardless if Release priority is enabled or not.

It doesn't happen on S-AF or manual focus.

So I guess the behaviour is related to how AF-C is implemented in the OM-1.
Does it happen with silent shutter @ 20 f/s? Does it happen with ProCap SH2?

Tom

Back