New issue with Z 7II

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

CharlieR

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I've had a Z 7II now for >6 months--lately, it's freezing up on me when I hit playback and start going back a few frames. I have to turn it off and back on for it to resume. The other day I was photographing a very rare bird for our area that stepped out of the cattails for a few seconds and the camera froze up--I had to turn it off and back on and consequently I missed probably 20-30 shots. Has anyone else experienced this with the Z 7II? Firmware is up-to-date. (I was shooting with a 500 PF attached via an FTZII adaptor).

I don't have the Z cameras but when I've had camera freeze up it is usually the memory card. You may want to format the card in camera or try a different card?
I had a Sony 'TOUGH' UHS II 128 GB SD card in the camera, formatted properly. I've had the same issue (playback freezing) with Sony XQD cards in the camera.

Back