New Z9 Settings Book for Birding

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Thanks, I thought podcasts were fading away, I used to listen to several Astrophotography pod cast several years ago. I will look it up.

Jason sent me a copy of his e-book. He's a friend and we talked about it while it was being prepared. It's quite good with lots of specific examples and suggestions.

Settings for the Z9 should not be viewed as "set and forget". Most pros are making situations specific decisions and changing to alternate settings as needed. It's a bit of a mindset difference. For example, as Jason was testing he tried several approaches to AF modes, Fn buttons, and even AF Activation. His settings have a lot of overlap with Alex Rae of Nikon (who delivers the Z9 AF program), but they are not the same and there are some differences.

I think this is a case where buying both Jason's eBook and Steve's book will pay off just to see small differences in the way each approaches their subject matter.

For those sucking up as much information on Z9 settings for birding, here's a resource. I was in Nikonians.org Z9 forum and saw a post for Jason ODell's Ebook "Bird Photography with the Nikon Z9". I downloaded a copy for $25 and am finding it very helpful.
Agreed - The Z9 is a very powerful camera. And is the opposite to a point and shoot.🦘

Jason sent me a copy of his e-book. He's a friend and we talked about it while it was being prepared. It's quite good with lots of specific examples and suggestions.

Settings for the Z9 should not be viewed as "set and forget". Most pros are making situations specific decisions and changing to alternate settings as needed. It's a bit of a mindset difference. For example, as Jason was testing he tried several approaches to AF modes, Fn buttons, and even AF Activation. His settings have a lot of overlap with Alex Rae of Nikon (who delivers the Z9 AF program), but they are not the same and there are some differences.

I think this is a case where buying both Jason's eBook and Steve's book will pay off just to see small differences in the way each approaches their subject matter.
My goal is to understand why each make specific recommendations, when they work best, and the pick and choice to find the settings that will work in best in my particular situation. No set of setting will work well all the time.

Back