Nikon 50mm Z-Mount Experience?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Pretty sure Tamron did not make or design the 50mm 1.8S 😁😳😀 I think Nikon is having too much fun designing and building for the new mount. The Tamron liaison seems to be about growing the alternate offerings, which is altogether a good thing.
I got the 50 for use on the Z6II. It produces image quality it is very difficult not to be delighted by. It is a great little lens. It also holds up really well on the Z9. That said I like using the Z6II and 50 combo a lot. Small light, brilliant image quality etc. 👏🏻😎
I only have 3 Z series lenses and I think the 50mm 1.8 S is a must have. I am not at all tempted by the larger more expensive 50mm lenses. That may well have to do with size.
Yes agreed totally, the Z6II is defiantly a camera producing image colour and files to be highly respected and admired.

Only an opinion

Reactions: Roy
That"s awesome, being happy is all that matters, some of the old lenses can produce unique looks.

I am watching out for a brilliant buy on a Z6II Cheap

😁 I've also got a brace of 50mm f1.8s. Pentax Super Takumar (kit lens on my Pentax SV that I bought around 1965 and still have!) an Olympus Zuiko, and a Zeiss Pancolar.

I'm quite happy with my Z6ii other than compared to my Fuji XT-4 and Sony a7ii I have to compromise when using manual focus and the Fuji not only allows me to change the size of the single point AF, but also the dynamic area size and easily invokes tracking. It will also do 15fps with the mechanical shutter, 20 with elecronic shutter and 30 with ES + a 1.2x crop.

I saw that the 50mm 1.8 S lens was discounted $100 US by Nikon, so I went and purchased one at my local Best Buy. It's now on the Z9 waiting for me to use it, so hopefully I'll get out with it later today, when the light isn't so harsh. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do for me over the f-mount 50mm lens I already own. I

Does anyone here own and use any of the Nikon 50mm Z-Mount lenses? If so, what model and what are your impressions of it?

How about the 40mm f/2? (Although I'm wary of Nikon compact design lenses after owning the 50mm E-Series (Economy) lens that was part of a kit with my Nikon FM or FE a long time ago.)

What I see on the Nikon Z-Lens roadmap are 50mm lenses with maximum apertures of f/2.8, f/1.8 and f/1.2. I'm not sure why Nikon isn't going to offer the lens in a f/1.4 aperture. (Which, to me, is very desirable, yet shouldn't be as expensive as the f/1.2 version.) This missing option in the Nikon lineup has me strongly considering the Sigma Art Series 50mm f/1.4 instead of one of Nikon's 50mm offerings.

Thank you.
I have the 2.8 50mm S lens and have used it on my Z9 & Z6II with excellent results

Back