Nikon 600mm w/TC refurb on Nikon USA site

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

That’s a crazy good deal in my opinion. If one had bought the 600 PF and 800 PF at full retail he or she would have paid $4800 + $6500 = $11,300 USD. That’s more than what to me is Nikon’s top lens in the lineup.

And as far as refurbs, I’ve had great success with Nikon’s Z mount refurbs. My Z9 looked brand new and has been flawless. My 14-24 looked brand new and its serial number evidenced a manufacturing timeline more recent than any 14-24 that had been reported up to that time. The only issue I have had so far was some glamour glitter on the 70-200’s focus ring. I’m obviously a fan. Good luck to those who scored on this deal!

shoot, you should've posted this a few minutes ago! I could've sold my 600PF and 800PF and kept both the 400TC and 600TC 🤣

Nikon's refurb inspections are not always what they should be. I have purchased one item from Nikon Refurb site: a D500. After a day or two a large dark line started showing up in photos. I took it to my local camera repair who told me to return it because he found a large piece of plastic wedged inside that was hitting (and damaging) the sensor. He said it appeared to be a piece of the plastic mount from a cheap kit lens. It was not miniscule; it was over half an inch long and honestly I don't know how any kind of inspection could miss it.
I obviously can't speak for anyone's experience with refurb other than my own or others that I know. I have purchased 4 lens direct from Nikon this way and have been fortunate to have zero issues with any of them. I have a couple of friends that have recently purchased cameras this way and they fortunately have not had any issues as well. I'm sure you aren't the only one that has had an issue but I think overall most of what I have heard has been positive. My personal experience certainly falls in that category.

Back