Nikon 800/6.3 S repair

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Final update. The lens was repaired under warranty. Description of repair was fogged lens element. As long as it took I presume it was the pf element. Whoever said it might have been overheated vaporizing some of the drive mechanism lubricant was probably right. I'm still baffled as to what I did to do that. I guess I may have tuned the camera off, took the filter off and left it pointing at the sun although I don't remember doing that. Of course I can't remember squat anymore.

Final update. The lens was repaired under warranty. Description of repair was fogged lens element. As long as it took I presume it was the pf element. Whoever said it might have been overheated vaporizing some of the drive mechanism lubricant was probably right. I'm still baffled as to what I did to do that. I guess I may have tuned the camera off, took the filter off and left it pointing at the sun although I don't remember doing that. Of course I can't remember squat anymore.
I'm pleased it worked out well for you. What makes you think that it had to do with drive mechanism lubricant vaporization?

Back