Nikon announcement tonight

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Could be some surprises coming.

The latest firmware update probably includes support for new lenses. Nikon has a history of following Canon's camera announcements with a killer product of their own, and with the R6 update announcement expected tomorrow, I would not be surprised to see a Nikon camera announcement shortly.

The latest firmware update probably includes support for new lenses. Nikon has a history of following Canon's camera announcements with a killer product of their own, and with the R6 update announcement expected tomorrow, I would not be surprised to see a Nikon camera announcement shortly.
i would be super surprised if we don't see a camera announcement by the end of the year in addition to a couple of key lenses

Hope 600mm f/4.5 super light as the 400mm f/4.5, also cheaper than the 800mm Or the same price as the 800mm. But if it’s true, at least 3 year to get one if you pre-order today.

"I was told that the new Nikkor Z 600mm lens with the teleconverter will be sharper than the current NIKKOR AF-S 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR lens ($16,297) and even charper than the recent NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S lens ($6497)."

Cheaper than the 800mm f6.3 lens? I find it hard to believe that a 600mm f4 could be priced that cheaply, let alone one with a built-in TC. Even if it is 600mm f4.5, that would be amazing pricing. Yeah, sure, I'll order one and hope I live long enough to receive it.

"I was told that the new Nikkor Z 600mm lens with the teleconverter will be sharper than the current NIKKOR AF-S 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR lens ($16,297) and even charper than the recent NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S lens ($6497)."

Cheaper than the 800mm f6.3 lens? I find it hard to believe that a 600mm f4 could be priced that cheaply, let alone one with a built-in TC. Even if it is 600mm f4.5, that would be amazing pricing. Yeah, sure, I'll order one and hope I live long enough to receive it.
I read it as CHEAPER than the 800 5.6 and SHARPER than the 800 6.3. The article does say it is going to be $$$$.

i'm super hoping that all their big, fast primes have TCs from here on out
That would price a lot of their lenses out of the range of affordability for a lot of their customers, wouldn't it?

It's listed as just short of $15.5k US (price edit 11-2-22)) at B&H. I'll have to make do with my 600 G for the time being. As a bonus, I can use it with my f-mount cameras and adapted with the Z cameras. But the new Z 600mm TC would be nice to have...

Last edited:
Yep US$15499, @ 3.2 KG's Gotta agree with @Steve this will become THE best wildlife/birding lens for a lot or pros right now. (y)
My biggest hope is that this "may" free up the Z400TC sales, with those moving to the new Z600.
Really glad Nikon went with the 1.4 TC, will be a powerhouse lens. Too long (plus I'm a f/2.8 guy) for my African wildlife work, but fingers crossed this can see deliveries starting to move a little more freely for the Z400TC, my 9 month wait continues, and not likely to receive it before my Serengeti departure on NOV 22nd.

Last edited:
That would price a lot of their lenses out of the range of affordability for a lot of their customers, wouldn't it?

It's listed as just short of $15.5k US (price edit 11-2-22)) at B&H. I'll have to make do with my 600 G for the time being. As a bonus, I can use it with my f-mount cameras and adapted with the Z cameras. But the new Z 600mm TC would be nice to have...
dunno, they’re already expensive, what’s a little more 🤣. i’m just saying a 300 2.8 TC would be a lot handier than a 300 2.8. idk

Could it be the long awaited Z8 , there are many Nikon owners still out there who would jump on the Z8 as apposed to the Z9, also the range of new lenses is fitting.
If they improve the focusing system with the Z8 there would be many Z6 Z7 owners that may up grade.
The suspense and drama as to whats happening next is on par with the "Bold and The Beautiful..........." LOL

Only an opinion

dunno, they’re already expensive, what’s a little more 🤣. i’m just saying a 300 2.8 TC would be a lot handier than a 300 2.8. idk
My guesses are that a 300 2.8 TC would be much more affordable than the 400mm, and longer, focal length lenses, and would initially sell as fast as Nikon could produce them.

Would it be handy? Absolutely! But with the 400 f4.5 in the lineup, is there room for the 300 2.8 TC?

Back