Nikon D6 firmware update C:Ver.1.60 problems

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JDG Photo

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I downloaded the update and the camera recognized that there was an update. I selected update and nothing happened. I thought that I should download the update again. The camera would not format the card. Took some photos and the camera would not format the card to remove the photos. Tried another card from my D500 in the D6. Shot some photos and the D6 would not format that card either. Put the card back into the D500 and now it will not format the card. Tried removing the battery which did not help. Tried to delete the firmware but that would not work. Tried reset all settings and that would not work either.

Request help.

I downloaded the update and the camera recognized that there was an update. I selected update and nothing happened. I thought that I should download the update again. The camera would not format the card. Took some photos and the camera would not format the card to remove the photos. Tried another card from my D500 in the D6. Shot some photos and the D6 would not format that card either. Put the card back into the D500 and now it will not format the card. Tried removing the battery which did not help. Tried to delete the firmware but that would not work. Tried reset all settings and that would not work either.

Request help.
From what you’ve described it’s likely that your camera requires service. Contact your retailer or Nikon customer service.

To repost,
The update from v1.51 took approx. 7 minutes, and then (after switching off D6 and removing & reinserting battery), the 2nd GPS firmware update to v0.17 took ~ 8+ minutes. I thought this 2nd update was hanging so took the camera outside on a whim, in case it needed to chat to satellites.
All has been working fine since.

To OP - have you tried to repeat the Update?

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 15.13.40.jpg

Back