Nikon EN-EL15C Charger

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I bought the MH-34 to use for travel. On a recent trip to Africa, we mostly charged batteries and laptops from power banks (that were charged from inverters in our vehicles) and it was useful to have a USB-C charger for my EN EL 15Cs. It was fast enough for me and worked with my Anker and Omnicharge+ powerbanks. Perhaps there are faster versions out there. I also figured I could charge an EN EL 15C in my Z8 if needed as a backup. (I used the same power banks to change my EN EL 18Ds on the MH-33.)

If you go this route, be sure to check the combination of charger, power bank and cables. There are occasional incompatibilities.

I love dual chargers, but am leery of "fast" ones. Whether it's an EN-EL15c or a Tesla car battery, fast charging of a lithium ion (LiIon) cell creates a less-well defined electrode structure than a 'normal', slower charge, with the result that cycle life (the # of charge/recharge cycles before the battery's capacity is lost) is reduced.

No big deal for an occasional fast charge, but regular fast charging will absolutely shorten a LiIon rechargeable battery's life. Something to be aware of.

i noticed this weekend that the mh-34 won't charge the en-el15 batteries (not "c") but you can charge them in the mh-25a.

basically, it appears the mh-34 has the same charging limitations as in-camera.

huh. interesting.

(tbh, i didn't even realize i still had en-el15 batteries until they wouldn't charge :-D )

Reactions: Roy
Back