Nikon Sale - 600 PF is $500 off

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

It's here! It's here!

600PF.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Curious as to why you didn't keep it? Take care
Because I am not traveling this year like I normally do which is mostly to South Africa. For around my home in SoCal, I shoot during the early morning down at beach, the 6.3 was just too slow which cause the ISO to be cranked. If I was traveling like I normally do I would have kept it. It's a wonderful lens.

Because I am not traveling this year like I normally do which is mostly to South Africa. For around my home in SoCal, I shoot during the early morning down at beach, the 6.3 was just too slow which cause the ISO to be cranked. If I was traveling like I normally do I would have kept it. It's a wonderful lens.
Makes sense, especially since you have the 600F4 TC. Later

I highly recommend this lens to all the old folks here, and from prior posts, that's quite a few. I exhibited my one true photographic expertise and paid full price when it first came out because the 180-600 was just too heavy for me to lug around. For my non-professional purposes, I have found the improvements in Adobe and other products, to sufficient make up for the slower aperture, with either denoise or lens blur. Just buy one at a discount and avoid my full price expertise.

A great lens. I got it a while back, so paid full price. It’s small size and light weight make it a joy to use, including handheld. It’s also easy to travel with. I used it a lot this summer from my kayak, both bare and with the 1.4x TC. It takes the 1.4x TC quite well, giving you 840 mm, f9.

The Z 600 mm PF seems optically excellent to me and I can deal with the f6.3 aperture.

I don’t have the Z 600 mm TC to compare. I do have the Z 400 mm TC and Z 800 mm PF. As good as they are, small size and weight often wins out when I’m picking a lens to take, depending on a number of factors: mode of travel, hiking, need to handhold, use in small spaces (like my kayak), etc.

A great lens. I got it a while back, so paid full price. It’s small size and light weight make it a joy to use, including handheld. It’s also easy to travel with. I used it a lot this summer from my kayak, both bare and with the 1.4x TC. It takes the 1.4x TC quite well, giving you 840 mm, f9.

The Z 600 mm PF seems optically excellent to me and I can deal with the f6.3 aperture.

I don’t have the Z 600 mm TC to compare. I do have the Z 400 mm TC and Z 800 mm PF. As good as they are, small size and weight often wins out when I’m picking a lens to take, depending on a number of factors: mode of travel, hiking, need to handhold, use in small spaces (like my kayak), etc.
I have the 600TC and the PF is as sharp.

I highly recommend this lens to all the old folks here, and from prior posts, that's quite a few. I exhibited my one true photographic expertise and paid full price when it first came out because the 180-600 was just too heavy for me to lug around. For my non-professional purposes, I have found the improvements in Adobe and other products, to sufficient make up for the slower aperture, with either denoise or lens blur. Just buy one at a discount and avoid my full price expertise.
Well, that's how I got my 500PF a few years ago. I'm getting older and all my gear seems to be getting heavier. The 500PF was a real positive to be able to hand hold.

If it makes you feel any better, I bought my Z8 last year at full price in a kit with the 24-120. (Yeah the kit was $200 off of full price.) Wasn't long after that it started getting discounted $500. Oh well.

I use mine all the time for wildlife. I also used it on the Z9 and tripod for the total solar eclipse in April. I have been stunned by the images the lens has produced. Great value.

Back