Nikon Z 180-600mm Availability

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Woodyg3 - Thank you so much for the lead - pruchased one of the two they were offering.
Everyone - This forum is absolutely amazing - great timely information - Tnaks to everyone for helping me out.
Admin - Recommend closing this thread.
We don't close threads.....the information may be helpful to someone else... Glad you found one! Have a great trip!

If you can't find one, have you considered a 100-400?
After several months I took this option a week ago. Bought the 100-400 and a Z 1.4 TC. Also sprung for a Z 600pf since it's way lighter than the 180-600 and mostly always shoot at the high end of zooms anyways, it's been my experience in the past that all the 600mm zooks are soft at 600mm. I've tried all of them from Sigma and Tamron and every one was soft at 600mm. The 600mm pf is light and fast, but very expensive.

I've tried all of them from Sigma and Tamron and every one was soft at 600mm. The 600mm pf is light and fast, but very expensive.
I've never bought those brands, but saying my 180-600 is sharp at 600 as my 600PF, very hard to see a difference. Heavier, yes. I desire a lock at 600mm on the big zoom, but .. no

Can anyone shed any light on the availability of the Nikon Z 180-600mm Lens? I am leaving for a tiger safari in India on 2 April and it looks like I will have to do with my 24-200mm Lens for my new Z8. Unfortunately, I waited untiul February to order the lens from B&H and it is still back ordered with no promise date. Looked at the Nikon USA website for ordering the lens and it shows back ordered. Sent a request to Nikon for any information and got a "sort of" I don't know answer from the Nikon support folks. Any rumors or other information would be sincerely appreciated.
I just got mine on Wednesday. I purchased from a local camera shop. I was on the wait list. They called and I got it. A photographer in my camera club just recently got his Canon wide angle lens. That was from B&H. He had ordered it toward the end of last year. I don't know what to tell you. I have to say it's much easier getting lenses at the local camera store versus online. That's just my personal opinion. I hope you get it soon otherwise maybe you can rent one for the trip?

Spoke to my brother in Edmonton earlier today and he's telling me the lens is available. I checked Amazon.ca and they do have it listed as available for 2300 CDN which is the same price in USD. No idea about cross-border shipping, customs, etc. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Back