Nikon Z lenses between 14mm and 40mm

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I do travel extensively in Asia and Europe cities and over the last couple of years, have fine-tuned my travel-kit somewhat. I too love architecture, street-photography and castles and cathedrals, and these always work well for me:

1 or 2 Zf bodies, depending how lazy I am to change lenses
20 1.8
14-24 2.8 (but 14-30 4.0 would be fine)
24-120 4.0
Voigtländer 40 1.2 z-mount (alternatively that cheap, but very good, 40 2.0 plastic Nikon lens)

I always have one Zf with the Voigtländer 40 1.2 mounted, and almost always the 24-120 4.0 on the other, or, depending on how dark it is inside the buildings, either the 20 1.8 or 14-24 2.8.

Last edited:
This is the lens I will use the least, so I'm less inclined toward the more expensive options. I'm leaning toward wider aperture due to cramped shooting conditions and dim/night lighting conditions.

For the sort of photography that you are going to use this lens for do you need an AF lens? I've got a Samyang14mm f2.8. New in UK now at 329 GBP, but I got my one used for 230 GBP!

Also consider Viltrox if 14mm is too wide. They do a 20mm f2.8 for $176 and it is an AF lens https://viltrox.com/en-gb/products/viltrox-af-20mm-f2-8-full-frame-lens-for-nikon-z-mount

I've got a 56mm f1.4 Viltrox for my Fujis and I was that impressed with it in build and image quality I bought a Z mount Viltrox 85mm f1.8 for my Z6ii before I even bought the camera!! Consensus from respected YouTube reviewers was that it is 95% as good as the Nikon 85mm f1.8 and I got mine inc delivery for 295 GBP.

Back