Nikon Z6 II and MB-N11 - Extended startup time

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hey everyone!

After receiving my Nikon Z6 II and MB-N11 a few weeks ago i instantly recognized a longer startup time after using the camera in combination with the batterygrip. I've already tried all sorts of combinations regarding different batteries (EN-EL15/a/b/c).
So here's my question: Did anyone using this combination also recognize an increased startup time after installing the batterygrip? It's difficult to quantify but i would go with sometimes one whole second of black screen until the camera starts to boot. When using the grip with only one battery in it the problem is solved. Also these issues appear to be present when turning on the camera and when waking up from standy. I'm rather clueless at the moment and I'm waiting for a response from Nikon.
This issue has also been absent with my previous used MB-N10.

I'm interested in and thankful for your opinions on this topic! :)

OK, at least I'm not the only one :LOL: meanwhile I've gotten another response from Nikon - they told me that the increased startup time is to be expected... They could reproduce my described problem and said that the startup time shouldn't exceed 1,5 seconds (which in my eyes is inacceptable) - if so the cleaning of the contacts between the grip and camera should make a difference they also told me :oops:
I'm also hoping for a firmware update which addresses this issue or at least would give the option of choosing which battery should be drained first - like in the D-Models with attached batterygrip :)

Thanks for your reply!

Back