Nikon Z6III announcement

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

It's coming :)

Full first look review on launch day. My Z6iii review will cover AF performance, buffer performance, speed, ergonomics, the sensor, frame rate, rolling shutter, how it works for BIF work, and so much more! You don't want to miss it!

(Note - I'm under NDA and have said all I can say)

Full first look review on launch day. My Z6iii review will cover AF performance, buffer performance, speed, ergonomics, the sensor, frame rate, rolling shutter, how it works for BIF work, and so much more! You don't want to miss it!

Well done, @Steve! 😂

That was great Steve😂

After waiting for a long time for the Z8 I sold my D850 and got a Z6ii. When the Zf appeared as a Fuji XT fan I loved it and it came sooo close, but there were a few issues in it for me. The Z6iii might just be what I want, even though I love the vintage look and feel of the Zf.

Last edited:

Cute .. only tells me that you are reviewing it.

Got the email this morning, but did not mentioned the Z 6 III. I was hoping for a Z 300 mm f2.8 lens. With the short clip of Steve, all my hopes are gone.
I am sure, even I am not interested in adding the Z 6 III to my bag, so many people have been waiting for it and I am happy for them

I suspect the reference to "all the colors in such a small camera" may have more to do with the RED acquisition than with some dumb fuji like picture profiles.
I've heard a suggestion that it would allow uploading a custom LUT - a useful tool for video that could be applied to stills.

Of course, the other approach would be to have an Adobe RGB LCD or viewfinder. That would represent a wider gamut and more colors than we can normally display.

There are 3 teases in that teaser. The first one is precapture of some sort probably just jpeg. The second is teasing a brighter viewfinder. and the 3rd is about colors and the 3rd is showing the camera being used to shoot video. I dont have much of a doubt that its referencing 12 bit video or 4:2:2 video or a new log. So to summarize...

Tease 1 is showing an improvement in capturing stills
Tease 2 is showing an improvement in UX
Tease 3 is showing improvement in video color space.

Nikon UK has issued a further 10 second teaser following the one from Steve.

If you want to learn nothing new

IMO so far a much lower launch cost than the Z9 or Z8 but nevertheless quite effective.

Steve's YouTube video due on launch day should have many, many hits.

Speculation of my part – there might even be some Z6 III cameras in the shops on launch date :)

Let us know what you think!
It is kind of weird with Montreal, is the second biggest city in Canada and Quebec province is the second most populated one, that we see this camera the last after Toronto event on the 17 th, Vancouver event on the 19 th and Galgary event on the 20 th. I have to ask the question why Montreal event is ten days later. Maybe in the US, you will see it before us.

Back