If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I usually do not process or keep "portrait" type images, but occasionally if I have only one flawed, but maybe salvageable image of a species, I might try to make the save. This is one of those. This is a Great Tinamou, a large, but very secretive bird of Central America rainforests. They have been hunted for a long time and have become very wary in most places. You often hear them at dawn, before the sun rises, but you do not see them often. I saw this one only briefly and had only a fleeting moment to shoot. I was using way too lens (840 mm) and was hand holding so the shot was marginal. Instead of trashing it, I cropped down to the following head shot. Shot with Canon R5, 600 mm f/4.0 + 1.4x extender, handheld at f/5.6, SS 1/320. ISO 10,000. Processed in PS after conversion in DXO Pure Raw 3, and passed through Topaz De Noise prior to conversion to JPEG.
Good or not?
Great Tinamou Canopy Tower.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Well captured with excellent detail,
I would definitely keep - nice portrait, and you may never get another image of the bird if so rare and elusive.
Gavin

Well captured with excellent detail,
I would definitely keep - nice portrait, and you may never get another image of the bird if so rare and elusive.
Gavin
Yes, you are correct. If I have an image that has serious technical flaws it is usually an instant delete, but sometimes there is "unique" factor that comes into play.