NX Studio 1.2.2

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

NX Studio seems not to run on macOS venturer 13.0.1 or at least on my copy of it. AND do not seem to be able to make it run in Rosetta either.

Has any Mac user who uses an M1 or M2 chip and macOS 13.0.1 been able to make NX studio run successfully?

That NX Studio has added support for Z 9 firmware version 3.00 and can now fully work with their files.
OK, but what 'fully work with their files' means really ?
As far as I know, the file format has not changed with FW 3.0 , otherwise LR and others would need to adapt as well ?
Apart from the file format, what has changed that require NX to adapt (and hopefully not LR and others !)

Looks like a bunch of improvements, some might need the NX Studio update to be fully compatible.

• Added support for Z 9 firmware version 3.00.
  • • Fixed the following issues:
    • - With some models, the vibration reduction data in the [Info] palette [Camera Info] pane sometimes differed from that in the camera playback display.
    • - The colors in JPEG files created from NEF/NRW (RAW) pictures shot using the AdobeRGB color space would sometimes differ from the originals.
    • - Certain TIFF files could sometimes not be opened.
    • - Cropping a picture, copying and pasting the result, and then cropping it a second time would result in abnormal crop boundaries displayed in a location different from the actual crop.
    • - Adjustments to pictures containing embedded GPS data would sometimes be lost when the pictures were saved or prevent the pictures being successfully exported.
  • • Ended support for Windows 8.1.

NX Studio seems not to run on macOS venturer 13.0.1 or at least on my copy of it. AND do not seem to be able to make it run in Rosetta either.

Has any Mac user who uses an M1 or M2 chip and macOS 13.0.1 been able to make NX studio run successfully?
NX Studio 1.2.2 runs fine on my Mac Studio M1 Max running Ventura 13.0.1. I suggest you uninstall and re-install to see if that resolves your issue.

Marty

Andy two things. Don't install it from Message center saying there is an update. Can't recall but you may have to check MacOS security settings.
Running fine on my M1 MBP.

As an aside for people reading this thread. I have had some back and forth with people on the topic of HE and HE*. In order to implement that TICO wants a royalty. Some software like Topaz relies on an open source RAW database. I don't expect them to support HE files directly. Note sure if DXO will and didn't dig into their info. As we all know NX is slow and I have been told their SDK is slow too, hence why FastRawViewer shows the jpg preview for HE files.

In the NX Studio change log from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2, the following is mentioned:
" Added support for Z 9 firmware version 3.00 "
What do you think this could mean ?
Usually this refers to a setting available in the new software that has changed or was not available in the prior version. I'm not sure which setting they are referring to. One of the features of NXStudio is you can change during editing a number of settings you could change in the camera pre-shot.

I don't know whether it is the new WB pre-set option, Grouping for bursts, DX size options, or something else.

Back