NX Studio Noice Reduction

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JoelKlein

Supporting Member
Marketplace
While scrolling through thousands of photos of flying and diving Ospreys, I decided to post process a few, and I was amazed of the results! The built-in noise reduction is really really good!

See these shots. (Also posted in another thread) No masks, no brushing, just casual moving sliders.
NX is rendering photos way more realistic compared to lightroom.
Am I crazy?! 😀

IMG_8323.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
IMG_8322.jpeg

2 more from NX using its noise reduction.

I just imported them into lightroom to add the watermark and export for this forum.
See how clean it is.
IMG_8329.jpeg

IMG_8328.jpeg

Thanks for posting. Nice images!
I'm a NX Studio user who doesn't have experience with other programs and appreciate hearing about other's thoughts about NX. If anyone has any book recommendations on how to use or get the most out of it, I'm all ears. There are lots of LR resources out there.
NX Studio is great for getting started, at least for me. It's actually pretty good for a free program.

🖐️ Another NX Studio user, sort of, as I don't do a lot of post processing. My workflow does include an import into desktop version of Topaz to de-noise. Given your success I'll give NX another look to see how well it does. My biggest compliant about NX studio, is its lag as its very frustrating. I find that if I close it and restart frequently its response is better but still slow.

Back