Odd Z8 File

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Barbara

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I just looked at a Z8 SD card from yesterday -- at the same time stamp as the first shot it has a WordPerfect file that I can't open. But what is a WordPerfect file even doing on this card? It's a Delkin Black which was brand new and which had been formatted in the camera about an hour earlier. Anyone know what's going on with this?

Assuming the file you're concerned about is named "NC_FLLST.DAT" or something similar: If you have (or had) WordPerfect installed on your computer, the ".DAT" filename extension may be associated with WordPerfect. Don't worry about this file. I think it's created by the camera's operating system and is used for file management purposes on the camera.

Assuming the file you're concerned about is named "NC_FLLST.DAT" or something similar: If you have (or had) WordPerfect installed on your computer, the ".DAT" filename extension may be associated with WordPerfect. Don't worry about this file. I think it's created by the camera's operating system and is used for file management purposes on the camera.
If I understand you correctly, it's a .DAT file, which my computer sees as something related to WordPerfect?

Yes, if if the filename ends in .DAT.

What is the filename?
Is WordPerfect installed on your computer? If not, has it been installed in the past?

Back