Ol fart old style?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Nah! DSLR's rule!( Hee Hee) I like a big camera, makes me look important! Feels good too. When they make a big chunky mirrorless that I can afford, I'll consider one. I was most disappointed when I handled the D750 for the first time,coming from a D300, it felt "toy like". My D300 could double up as a rugby ball in between sunrise and sunset on weekends.! I suppose that makes me an old fart too! Stay! Mirrorless ain't got rid of us yet.! HA! Adam. Cheers guys.

Nah! DSLR's rule!( Hee Hee) I like a big camera, makes me look important! Feels good too. When they make a big chunky mirrorless that I can afford, I'll consider one. I was most disappointed when I handled the D750 for the first time,coming from a D300, it felt "toy like". My D300 could double up as a rugby ball in between sunrise and sunset on weekends.! I suppose that makes me an old fart too! Stay! Mirrorless ain't got rid of us yet.! HA! Adam. Cheers guys.
Strap on the D3S with 200-400 for a while..lol

Easy, easy, now...
9C907C5D-85C2-4239-863E-994849535F9F.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

If that's directed towards me, not to worry. I just did a massive D6 review only a month ago:

I guess if I don’t have a mirrorless camera I don’t need to follow you anymore until I buy one?? Just sayin’
If that's directed towards me, not to worry. I just did a massive D6 review only a month ago:
I'm thinking the Forum has arrived with its first troll? :)

I was thinking similar thoughts lately, like I must be getting old because I have refused change and not bought into the mirrorless wonderkids yet. (I briefly dabbled with a Fuji XT 10 as a urban walk around camera but hated the menu system and the shutter lag.)
I do still like and only own DSLR's....

I took some really nice pictures with my Nikon D70. And before that with My Nikon N8008. And before that with My Konica Autoreflex. And before that with my dad's Argus C3. And before that... well, you get the point, all the way back to a little Kodak Brownie that I started with as a kid. I loved all those cameras, but technology moves forward and I'm not going to shun it just because it's new. I currently shun mirrorless only because I can't afford the mirrorless system that I would need to see an improvement over the DSLRs I have now. At some point I will move to a new camera with new technology. I may be old, but I'm not stuck in the past just to be contrary. :)

I took some really nice pictures with my Nikon D70. And before that with My Nikon N8008. And before that with My Konica Autoreflex. And before that with my dad's Argus C3. And before that... well, you get the point, all the way back to a little Kodak Brownie that I started with as a kid. I loved all those cameras, but technology moves forward and I'm not going to shun it just because it's new. I currently shun mirrorless only because I can't afford the mirrorless system that I would need to see an improvement over the DSLRs I have now. At some point I will move to a new camera with new technology. I may be old, but I'm not stuck in the past just to be contrary. :)
Yea, I agree with you as well... I know change is inevitable, and I for sure do not want to be the guy that still thinks his 1977 Corvette is still the best thing out there! (No offense to those who may own one of these fine examples of Corvette history). I too do not think I can afford a changeover for an equivalent system in mirrorless right now either.

My D500 does everything I want of it and it is capable of more than I ask. If I ever find it limits my performance I will look at upgrading. I have been using Nikon cameras continuosly since 1964. It will take something VERY special to make me look elsewhere.

Yea, I agree with you as well... I know change is inevitable, and I for sure do not want to be the guy that still thinks his 1977 Corvette is still the best thing out there! (No offense to those who may own one of these fine examples of Corvette history). I too do not think I can afford a changeover for an equivalent system in mirrorless right now either.

Some day I might buy a mirrorless but I'm not getting rid of my current setup anytime soon!

I just spent my last justifiable $ on the D850 & D7500. I have my hands full with the 2 new, and the 2 “old” D3S, FE2. Sold off my FM, D70, D200, D300, and D2XS. It’s been a fun road since 1971. Mirrorless probably isn’t in my future. Live View works for my needs.

Strange your comment regarding the weight of the D750 vs D300. 755g vs 825g = D750 is 28.4g lighter. Hardly anything when you consider the EN-EL15 battery alone weighs 82g.

Back