ON1 Keyword AI

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Based on very limited testing of the stand alone version: If you don't have keywords already, it does an ok job. It is interesting what keywords it decides to use, but usually I can see why it is a possibility. If you don't have a good way to search your library now, check out the trial version. It is NOT fast, but it does work. I expect it is going to improve over time.

If you do already have a hierarchical system that you don't want screwed up (ie Lightroom,) be careful! Don't let it write to your xml files automatically until you are sure how it will work with your system. (Setting in preferences.) It seems to retain its AI keywords in the stand alone version without writing to xml, but I'm not sure if that is temporary or permanent. I have no idea where it might be storing things.

I do think this is one area where AI can be useful, but it is still very early. I've been using a different program, Excire Foto, for my collections where general keywords work well. The keywords the On1 program returns are very similar to the Excire program. I expect we are going to be seeing more AI type programs like this. They do make searching easier.

BTW. On1 has a good sale going on at the moment. Worth checking out. Their PhotoRaw program includes the AI keyword function.

Back