Opportunistic mountain goat on my commute home

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

FD486E8A-1298-47F0-8CFC-9B608D2356CA.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Early into blue hour on my commute home this week. I found a mountain goat on this rock face. Lucky to have gotten this opportunity with a clean background. Finding these guys is becoming more and more rare as wildlife management has chosen to reduce their population significantly.

Last edited:
Very impressive with great detail. What were your settings? Was you late for work? 😬
Oh my setting were a mess. I rushed and didn’t change them from when I was taking pictures of my dog at the dog park. So the ISO was far higher than need be and the shutter speed was much faster than need be. Lesson learned Steve “always check settings first” gotcha need more practice on that one. No I was on the way home from work haha.

View attachment 35537Early into blue hour on my commute home this week. I found a mountain goat on this rock face. Lucky to have gotten this opportunity with a clean background. Finding these guys is becoming more and more rare as wildlife management has chosen to reduce their population significantly.
It a shame the government is reducing the herd. Great photo as I've only seen one once.

View attachment 35537Early into blue hour on my commute home this week. I found a mountain goat on this rock face. Lucky to have gotten this opportunity with a clean background. Finding these guys is becoming more and more rare as wildlife management has chosen to reduce their population significantly.
I will take a beautiful canyon over bumper to bumper stop and go any day.
So I saw this was along the snake between Alpine and Hobart? I saw a group there on a May trip one year about 8 years back. Have some so so pics with a D300 and 300mm lens. Are they a regular thing in that canyon? Oh and that is a gorgeous commute!!!! We used to go to Yellowstone alot especially when kids were at Montana State.

So I saw this was along the snake between Alpine and Hobart? I saw a group there on a May trip one year about 8 years back. Have some so so pics with a D300 and 300mm lens. Are they a regular thing in that canyon? Oh and that is a gorgeous commute!!!! We used to go to Yellowstone alot especially when kids were at Montana State.
After they thinned this population I haven’t seen them nearly as frequently as I used to. That being said I’ve had 3 days in a row with them this week. Before then it’s been a few months.

Back