Ovenbird

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BAL Land

From south Florida a month or so ago. Thoughts appreciated!

Very low light, handheld. Canon R7, Sigma 150-600mm C, 1/200a at f/6.3, ISO 10000.
Processed in adobe photoshop express and Remini, both on my iPad Image downsized for posting.
1676219352843.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I like the close-up perspective. The closer you can get to absolute ground level the better with an image like this. It's a complex background/foreground to work with, it's just going to be a factor in the success of the image. The overall contrast level feels a bit flat, maybe a curves or levels adjustment is warranted? ISO of 10,000 is bound to have an impact on overall sharpness too, so maybe a targeted sharpening to the bird would also add some additional separation from the environment. An intimate portrait of a bird like this must have made for a nice experience.

I like the close-up perspective. The closer you can get to absolute ground level the better with an image like this. It's a complex background/foreground to work with, it's just going to be a factor in the success of the image. The overall contrast level feels a bit flat, maybe a curves or levels adjustment is warranted? ISO of 10,000 is bound to have an impact on overall sharpness too, so maybe a targeted sharpening to the bird would also add some additional separation from the environment. An intimate portrait of a bird like this must have made for a nice experience.
FAB80862-20CB-441B-A503-330142AD25C2.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back