Owlets arrived, mom sitting nest

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

KurtT

Supporting Member
Marketplace
It's been a little less than 2 weeks since I posted my first owl picture without stick face of mom sitting a nest. I've been rewarded with chicks. Likely they were there 2 weeks ago and just couldn't see them.
DSC_1377-Edit-3.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

First pic this morning at sunrise, liked the colors better... didn't see chicks, did a few rounds of refuge and by then, the chicks were up but light was 6:30 vs 9:00 am.
DSC_1118-Edit-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Heading out in am to see if I can get the warmer light as they become more shadowed with higher sun, I lightened the shadows in LRC.

Last edited:
It's been a little less than 2 weeks since I posted my first owl pick without stick face sitting a nest. I've been rewarded.
View attachment 38812
First pic this morning at sunrise, liked the colors better... didn't see chicks, did a few rounds of refuge and by then, the chicks were up but light was 6:30 vs 9:00 am.
View attachment 38813
Heading out in am to see if I can get the warmer light as they become more shadowed with higher sun, I lightened the shadows in LRC.
Love the expressions of the chicks👍👍👍

Love the expressions of the chicks👍👍👍
Thanks Ralph. The one in back is my favorite. The front one never did anything. The back one was not visible then sat up. Glad I could see eyes. Going to take another peek in am, want to capture while still cute !. Not sure how long the downy looks lasts.

Thanks Ralph. The one in back is my favorite. The front one never did anything. The back one was not visible then sat up. Glad I could see eyes. Going to take another peek in am, want to capture while still cute !. Not sure how long the downy looks lasts.
Good luck tomorrow 👍

Back