Oxbow Bend - not the traditional perspective

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

R.Philip

I worked the beautiful Oxbow Bend location and here are a couple more images I felt were interesting.

20210522-untitled-10-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I liked the layering across this entire image. This seems to follow few photographic rules, but I like it.

20210522-untitled-15-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Very nice set indeed. One of my favorite places to photograph the Tetons whether it’s Spring with the snow capped peaks or the brilliant Fall colors mirroring on the Snake River.
I have reservations to go back in the 2nd half of September. Two prior fall visits were smoked out due to forest fires. I'm hoping for the best, but I heard on the radio yesterday that California is having a severe drought. Hopefully that is not a sign that fires will be roaring once again this fall. I would love the opportunity to experience the fall colors in the Tetons...smoke free.

My brother lives just north of Red Lodge and he said major fires this early in the Red Flag Warning areas is not good at all. We spent 5 weeks in Wyoming last September - October. The fire in the SE part of the state Snowy Range that started September 20th was ranked as one of the worst for state.
We visit family and friends in Wyoming every fall but this year will be dependent on the smoke situation.

Back