Passo Giau (Dolomites, Italy)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ElenaH

1-4-Hanakova-Elena-DerFotograf-Und-DerBerg-Italy.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

photographed last year with ILCE-1 (Sony A7R-1) and Voigtländer Nokton 40/1.2
at 1/400s, f10, ISO 500, manual focus
the photographer on the left gives a bit of scale ;-)
I love manual lenses and old lenses. The Nokton 40/1.2 is the most 3D-lens I've ever photographed with. I think, the Voigtländer lenses have more pronounced 3D-effect than Zeiss lenses.

Beautiful photo and countryside there. Love pictures of these mountains. You mention the photographer in the pic. One of my favorite pictures is Zabriski Point in Death Valley CA, highly photographed feature) and there is a classic shot (not mine) of a line of photographers in the middle of a picture taking pictures of it. So the picture became a picture of photographers with a nice backdrop of Zabriski Point. It worked well! I believe was in outdoor photographer magazine.

Last edited:
View attachment 28314

I love manual lenses and old lenses. The Nokton 40/1.2 is the most 3D-lens I've ever photographed with. I think, the Voigtländer lenses have more pronounced 3D-effect than Zeiss lenses.
Beautiful Elena!👍👍👍

@Ralph Bruno , thank you! By the way, the last lens I bought was AF-P 70-300 you have , too. I was thinking between this and 24-200 for Z7 becasue I don't have any Z native lens. And I decided for AF-P 70-300 behause it is 300/5.6 at the end, it is light and sharp and I do even photograph BIF with it! I have also D500, D7200 and now D850 and can use it with those cameras... Do you like your AF-P?

@Ralph Bruno , thank you! By the way, the last lens I bought was AF-P 70-300 you have , too. I was thinking between this and 24-200 for Z7 becasue I don't have any Z native lens. And I decided for AF-P 70-300 behause it is 300/5.6 at the end, it is light and sharp and I do even photograph BIF with it! I have also D500, D7200 and now D850 and can use it with those cameras... Do you like your AF-P?
It’s a great lens. I purchased my first DSLR in March 2019, the D500 and wanted a lens that had some versatility but didn’t break the bank.The AF-P 70-300 received some very nice reviews and I knew I could take some nice bird photos using a 300. I was‘t disappointed. I have gotten some really nice shot including BIF.
6659C689-5545-4FD3-8D33-1410A1EEDFDC.jpeg
55D954A4-2B67-428B-AF5D-F883AD322C2D.jpeg
1F1CC188-0A4B-4C4B-B5D6-3C658385E7EF.jpeg
CF058643-F778-4885-AB40-17D34F40FB60.jpeg

@Ralph Bruno , the second bird is a Skimmer! Have you been to Botswana? I thought they are only there... Very rare, very fast birds! Well done! (y) The last one is a black heron. What is first and third? I forgat...

@Ralph Bruno , the second bird is a Skimmer! Have you been to Botswana? I thought they are only there... Very rare, very fast birds! Well done! (y) The last one is a black heron. What is first and third? I forgat...
Thanks. All the photos were taken in New Jersey at the shore. Photo #1 is an oystercatcher, #2 is a black skimmer, #3 is an oystercatcher and it’s young and #4 is a little Blue Heron.

well f.. me, thats a beautiful shot.

Back