Pay for Pix or Freebees?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Since I started this thread I assure you and others that I will never be discouraged by anyone, regardless of their loud whining. The struggling wildlife writer I support with images helps her make deadlines, get paid, make rent, and put food on the table. I’m good with that. Maybe the “whiner” should grow grapes and open a “winery” …. I respect the skills brought to the table by professionals that earn a living through photography. I admire these folks. Many are in these forums and have been generous with their knowledge. But don’t call me out for what I do for others…. that would be ignored.…🦂
You are right - there are two sides to the coin - just ask any photographer who has begged people to model/pose for him /her for portfolio shots to build his/her portfolio
(My comments above were directed at institutions or such rather than a struggling writer etc)

Back