Photo Viewer/Sorter

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hello everyone,

I think this is the right thread. I am looking at apps I could use for managing my photos. There is a lot to choose from some have a database, some don't. I have a lot of my fashion media portfolio work (20,000+) so looking for something that can help me store, manage and access certain photo categories quickly. I don't know what is best. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you looked into lightroom?

Yes I have but its not free but they do a student price but I'm hoping to find something that is free.
I believe Adobe Bridge is free. It is powerful but there is a lot of learning needed as it is a pro tool. You start an Adobe account first. Otherwise maybe the photos software that comes with windows or macs, or one of the ones mentioned here, fastone image viewer for example.

Hello!

I am looking for recommendations on programs folks use to view/compare/sort photos. Adobe Bridge has been terrible, I am trialing Photo Mechanic, and like most of the program, but I really don't like the extra files it creates of each of my photos. I am also trialing Apollo One, but deleting photos takes an eternity, and it is very, very slow and glitchy with my external hard drive. I am using a Mac

I would be willing to pay for a program that works for me, but would want to try it before I buy. I want to be able to quckly view and rank photos, then sort by that ranking, with smooth ability to both move selected files to my external hard drive, and delete the photos I don't want to keep.

Thanks so much!
I havebeen using FRV for many years and use it whenever I have large numbers of images. It is a fantastic product you can purchase outright and receive updates. Support is very fast by email. Since I started using it, they rolled out one big new version, which I had no issues purchasing. I have no hesitation whatsoever, recommending FRV to cull large numbers of images quickly and easily. I hope the are working on an AI version that sort out images out of focus and motion blur.

Back