Photoshop Beta Bug

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Nimi

Noob Forever
Supporting Member
Marketplace
Once Photoshop Beta is installed, the link to LRC appears to be broken. When you are in Edit in LRC, right click, select Edit in Photoshop (Beta), the latter opens but without the slected image.

Adobe forum is flooded with this and had admitted it's a bug being worked on. The ever busy-bodied members of the community offer a million solutions. Has anyone here actually implemented a fix?

In the meantime the workaround isn't bed. Download full-resolution tiff from LRC, open it directly from PSB, edit, save full-size, re-import from LRC Library.

So far, PSB is magic.

Just spitballing, but wondering if it would be worth a try to set Photoshop to open Tiffs in camera raw (Photoshop preferences) and see if this works. Then open that file into Photoshop. Or another idea from lightroom right click and open as smart object? Just thinking aloud though.

Resolved, and here is exactly how.

- Uninstalled both LRC and PS using ACC,
- Installed PS Beta first. This appears to be important,
- Installed LRC,
- Rebooted,
- Removed entire catalog, then upload it again using Import function,

In my case, shortcuts to the above didn't work. Either it got hung up and crashed LRC or it didn't open the image in PS Beta.

Using Windows, and editing in Beta from LRC is working, but very quirky. Takes a few minutes before an error message appears in LRC:

LRCC 1.png

Upon clicking "OK", image launches into PS Beta.

Just updated LRC, and its maybe a little quicker exporting to PS, but I still can't choose which version of PS I'm editing in.
No you can't. I think LR defaults to the latest version of PS even if it is a beta. The work around is to add non-beta PS as a 3 party external editor or have the desired version open before you send a file to PS to be edited.

Back