Photoshop v 25 with Generative AI

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ivan Rothman

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Photoshop has just released a version 25.0 update which now puts the new AI powered generative tools into Photoshop. Previously only available in beta version.
The tools include Generative Expand Generative Fill Generative Remove (if you choose Generative Fill but leave the text box describing what you want blank)
Filled area still limited to something like 1400 pixels but this may improve in further updates.
This looks like it will be fun to play with although it clearly may cross the line from a picture you legitimately created to a "fake" image - for example I can now put polar bears in my pictures from Antarctica or penguins in my pictures from the Arctic.

I have been using the beta version, but I'm holding off on the new version. It sounds like some of the on/off again problems with the beta may have returned with the "release" version. Fixes/workarounds usually involve the dreaded clear all preferences or reinstall LR/PS etc. I will be installing it, but I want the dust to settle a bit first.

I have been using the beta version, but I'm holding off on the new version. It sounds like some of the on/off again problems with the beta may have returned with the "release" version. Fixes/workarounds usually involve the dreaded clear all preferences or reinstall LR/PS etc. I will be installing it, but I want the dust to settle a bit first.
That sounds like very good advice
I’ll wait awhile before upgrading

Since it’s out of Beta….I read this. I’m not sure what it means really…

Until November 1st, all creative cloud subscribers will have unlimited generative fill credits. After that, you will have a limit on the number of generations you can use. For most users, it will be 100 credits per month….

I think it’s a limit on how much usage per month. Here’s the info for the photography plans.

Until November 1, 2023, Creative Cloud, Adobe Firefly, Adobe Express, and Adobe Stock paid subscribers won't be subject to generative credit limits and can continue creating beyond their plan-specific monthly credit limit.

After November 1, 2023, generative credit limits will be enforced, with paid users either experiencing slower use of the features or receiving a daily generation cap. Also, Adobe plans for users to be able to purchase additional priority processing generative credits through a new subscription plan, starting at US$4.99/month for 100 credits.

1694705404701.png

The mid-September 2023 Adobe Photography Plan updates include three versions of Photoshop :
  • Ps Beta — v.25.1
  • Ps 2024 — v.25.0
  • Ps 2023 — v.24.7.1
Try all three and settle on the one that suits you best!

There will be no need to figure out how to return to Ps 2023 if you don't like Ps 2024 or Ps Beta.

… David

Adobe CC Updates : Photography Plan
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Adobe CC Updates : Photography Plan
2023–09–15

Last edited:
I've tried the new non beta one, seems fine so far. You can now pin that annoying but sometimes useful contextual bar wherever you want it. Plus there are improvements in the remove tool and gradient tool, or so they say.

Last edited:
if you are not interested in anything other than wildlife and nature - don't read further.

I am inquisitive - so I look at everything and learn what I can.

A set of images created with AI - I know this isn't wildlife - and it isn't photographs created with a camera. Inspiring on another level - specifically as it brings emotion into the set.

EDIT : NOTE it isn't my photos. All images © Julian Cash 2023.

Last edited:
if you are not interested in anything other than wildlife and nature - don't read further.

I am inquisitive - so I look at everything and learn what I can.

A set of images created with AI - I know this isn't wildlife - and it isn't photographs created with a camera. Inspiring on another level - specifically as it brings emotion into the set.

Those are crazy fun. Would be curious to get more detail on what commands you used. PM if you like.

There is one snafu with generative fill. I use luminosity masks on nearly all my images and if you use generative fill prior to that you will see the grainy area due to it being lower MP. I’m honestly not a fan at this point until it has matching capabilities as far as MP. I think the remove tool is the best addition in a long time and in most cases is far better than the clone tool. This grain will also show up if you return the image back to LRC and drop the exposure in the background for instance. It’s not the end of the world but something to be aware of.

Back