Post your favorite image from 2020

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Kjellis

Hi, and happy holidays to you all😊 I thought it would be fun to make a post were we can post the best or the favorite image from this year.
Sorry if there already is a similar thread..,

Here is my favorite image from 2020. Taken with the new Nikon Z6 ii and the 500mm f/4 E with the 1.4 tc 😊
700mm, f/5.6, 1/1000s, 14400 ISO. I would prefer a slower shutter speed to lower the ISO, but I was shooting the owl grabbing the mouse from the ground before it flew to this branch and looked at me for a couple of seconds before flying off.
C5B13AD0-6A23-45A1-A82F-8018A78340EE.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
This is tough! I had a lot that I liked from 2020, although if I have to pick just one, I think this is the winner. The fortuitous flower right under the little lamb isn't something that happens every day! Especially since it was captured as he was running at full-tilt towards mom. I didn't even know I had captured that flower until I was reviewing the images - it was a nice surprise :)

BLNP-IMG_04432-Edit.jpg

Hi, and happy holidays to you all😊 I thought it would be fun to make a post were we can post the best or the favorite image from this year.
Sorry if there already is a similar thread..,

Here is my favorite image from 2020. Taken with the new Nikon Z6 ii and the 500mm f/4 E with the 1.4 tc 😊
700mm, f/5.6, 1/1000s, 14400 ISO. I would prefer a slower shutter speed to lower the ISO, but I was shooting the owl grabbing the mouse from the ground before it flew to this branch and looked at me for a couple of seconds before flying off.
View attachment 11915.
Great shot, wonderful composition Kjellis

Goodness! You guys set the bar high, don't you? :) Excellent pictures above.

Hard to pick my absolute favorite for 2020 since there are a few.

This one made with the D7500 and Nikkor 200-500mm. Male Northern Cardinal.

D75_1787.jpg

Like most of us, my subjects were constrained by lockdowns, quarantines and travel bans. This shot taken just walking around the compound where I live. Nikon Z6, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR with Canon 500D closeup lens @ 200mm, 1/125 sec, f/11, ISO 1000.

WorkingBee.jpg

This is like trying to pick your favourite child :). I'll offer the following. I spent a lot of time photographing this female Barred Owl and her mate though the spring and early summer but this shot very early one July morning struck me as Superman's "Fortress of Solitude". D850, 600mm, f4, 1/8, ISO 720.
Fortress of Solitude.jpg

Last edited:
I have to echo Rassie's comment - what a very high bar has been set. Wonderful images from everyone.
The moodiness of this early morning shot of a Yellow-billed Spoonbill has always appealed to me. It is probably my favourite so far with four days left.
untitled-20200201-IMG_04487-Edit-2.jpg

Last edited:
Great shot Ralph, looks like they were smiling for the camera .
Thanks Ira. Just happen to be sitting in my backyard in July shooting with my new 500 PF and the first hawk landed. As I started shooting the second one landed along side the first. Good way to start the morning. If I remember correctly, the crop setting was on as well on my D500.

Back