Problem with reflection

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Thanks John! View attachment 90947View attachment 90948View attachment 90949When I shoot these photos it was dark outside.
Usually I shoot in the day and I dont use any artificial lighting.
I am behind the big white cloth of the first picture, where my backyard is, and I pace the icon in the easel.
So the natural light passes through the fabric and "lights" the image.
In the back, as you can see, is a big grey canvas so it creates the backround.
Last but not least concerning the glare from the gold in the very first picture I hope that if I put it in this setup I'll get good results because the image will be illuminated by soft natural light passing through the white cloth.

I hope that I helped!
PS I apologise for my english but I am Greek :)
Thank you for showing us your setup. Very nice.

Hello! I'm Nick and I am an amatuer photographer from Greece. M y gear is a canon r10 with the 18-150 kit lens, a canon ef-rf adapter and a cheap tripod.
Lately, I was trying to photograph some pictures of orthodox Saints.

1/60 F9 ISO100
View attachment 90656

View attachment 90657

The problem is that because of the special process of polishing you can see a lo of reflections in the gold part.

How can i get these reflections out?

Should I buy an ef50mm f1.8 for better image quality?

Should I get a flash foe better lighting? If I should, which affordable flash do you suggest?

I will take the icons in front of a white wall and I'll photograph them.

Thanks in advance, Nick :)
Use a large offset soft light source.
Where you place the lights is critical.
A CPL polariser filter may also help... 🦘

Back