Prograde: recover deleted files from memory cards

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I recently had to recover 2 days worth of video clips for my husband (He REFUSED to back up his cards!!). I ended up using EaseUS Recovery Pro. It worked! YEAH!

BUT - it was $70....and it automatically puts you on a MONTHLY payment plan. I was overloaded with family issues and forgot to cancel the monthly membership. So I ended up with lifetime use of the s/w for $140! UGH!

This looks like a better option.

BUT - it was $70....and it automatically puts you on a MONTHLY payment plan. I was overloaded with family issues and forgot to cancel the monthly membership. So I ended up with lifetime use of the s/w for $140! UGH!

This looks like a better option.
I feel your pain. This tactic seems like latest legal but shady way to pick your pocket on the internet.

I've used ProGrade before and it's a solid option for recovering deleted files from memory cards. It's definitely worth having a tool like this on hand for those "oh crap" moments.

That being said, there are some other options out there that won't cost you a dime. PhotoRec and Recuva are both FREE data recovery tools that can help you retrieve deleted files from memory cards. I've used both in the past and they've worked like a charm.

One thing to keep in mind when using these tools is to stop using the memory card as soon as you realize there's an issue. This can help prevent the deleted data from being overwritten and increase your chances of successful recovery.

Back