Prothonotary Warbler

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

First time out with the Z8, have more to go through with a greenish background, but enjoyed watching these guys on their territory by the Mississippi River at a boat landing.

Thanks for any comments.

z prothonotary warbler 4.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Thanks, I did loosen up a bit here - I had a little distraction in the wider angle, so tried to remove some and smooth it out. I can go wider as well.
I like this presentation better.

FWIW, and only my opinion, I might widen it further but really as much as opening up the left hand side I might trim a bit (crop) off the right hand side. Basically I'd decenter the bird's body a bit so it has more room to look into the frame and its implied sight line isn't so directly looking out of the left side of the frame. The first opening up helped there but pushing the whole bird further right might help a bit more.

What’s the original photo look like?
Here's a JPEG of the original. As you can see there's an annoying "circle" thing faded that I'm sure I can clean up a bit or remove. I do have a lot more shots to go through and I'm sure I'll see some that I like that are easier to edit.

z prothonotary unedited.jpg

Here's a JPEG of the original. As you can see there's an annoying "circle" thing faded that I'm sure I can clean up a bit or remove. I do have a lot more shots to go through and I'm sure I'll see some that I like that are easier to edit.
I like the second image posted better!

Another idea you might try is a vertical crop. I personally like the out of focus circles, others might find them distracting. I think it comes down to personal preference on the crop here.

669867DA-1D8E-472A-9AEF-574DA131B44A.jpeg

z prothonotary unedited.jpg
That would fairly easy to remove if you have Lightroom or photoshop, I think. I dont, so I can’t remove it but I can show you how’d it crop it. If possible, I’d then also remove that circle. Here’s how I would crop the image:

Back