Question for portrait photographerss

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Btw, you asked about portraits but most of the comments and example are full body. Two different beasts and while they share some things, they are more different than similar, especially (in my experience anyway) the choice of lens and the distance from the subject. There is a great portrait photographer named Phil Sharp if you're interested in that topic.

Btw, you asked about portraits but most of the comments and example are full body. Two different beasts and while they share some things, they are more different than similar, especially (in my experience anyway) the choice of lens and the distance from the subject. There is a great portrait photographer named Phil Sharp if you're interested in that topic.
Thank you. I normally do I mix of compositions when I do images for people I found for my taste I typically like taking out a 24–70 2.8, and a 70–200 2.8. I occasionally will use the prime, but today’s zooms are just impeccable as far as image quality.

Thank you. I have a few reflectors and really like using the small ones for macro work and even diffusing light at times. I need to try them more on people.

I lost my small one somewhere. I really like reflectors because they don’t disturb color temperatures so much. Also, one can easily control a nice soft by positioning relative to the subject.

Also useful for one-flash portraits indoors.

Sean Tucker has a number of YouTube videos on minimalistic setups:

I lost my small one somewhere. I really like reflectors because they don’t disturb color temperatures so much. Also, one can easily control a nice soft by positioning relative to the subject.

Also useful for one-flash portraits indoors.

Sean Tucker has a number of YouTube videos on minimalistic setups:

Thank you and very good video. I don’t really keep a 12 inch diffuser/reflector folded up in my back pocket when I’m out doing flower or macro photography. I find it super useful.

Back