Question for those who own the Sony 600GM

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Worth a try. Here’s an example
That does look too sharp. The out of focus areas (branches) look overly harsh too. Look slike Topaz is creating edges where there shouldnt be edges. I'm not knocking Topaz. I use it regularly but it deosnt yet work well in the same way for all images. It's getting better all the time. I'm currently on DxO Deep Prime XD and Topaz Photo AI and DxO seems to turn out best about 80% of the time. (Maybe a bit more)

That does look too sharp. The out of focus areas (branches) look overly harsh too. Look slike Topaz is creating edges where there shouldnt be edges. I'm not knocking Topaz. I use it regularly but it deosnt yet work well in the same way for all images. It's getting better all the time. I'm currently on DxO Deep Prime XD and Topaz Photo AI and DxO seems to turn out best about 80% of the time. (Maybe a bit more)
I think dxo is better as well

Last edited:
Don't rate Topaz at all, makes the feathers look like shredded wheat to my eyes , did you try the lowlight setting ? although not perfect I find it not as overkill as the the other options

Have you tried using Captue One? I find the images from the 600 delightfully sharp without looking over-sharpened with this software.
No I haven’t but heard good things about it. I do definitely like the dxo software which I’m doing a trial of now.

Back