Raingear with foggy/unusable clear plastic.....Solution!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Butlerkid

Staff member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
I'm getting ready for a trip, so I pulled out my ThinkTank Hydrophobia raincoat. UGH! The clear plastic windows were so cloudy that I couldn't see my hand through them. Yeah.....it has been a few years since I used it.

HOWEVER, Macguiar's PlastX from the auto store made short work of restoring the clear plastic! Magic! It's a tip I learned years ago.,....

Also effective for cloudy head lights, etc.

I'm getting ready for a trip, so I pulled out my ThinkTank Hydrophobia raincoat. UGH! The clear plastic windows were so cloudy that I couldn't see my hand through them. Yeah.....it has been a few years since I used it.

HOWEVER, Macguiar's PlastX from the auto store made short work of restoring the clear plastic! Magic! It's a tip I learned years ago.,....

Also effective for cloudy head lights, etc.
Great tip - I'd like to think that I would have thought of this eventually, but you've saved me the trouble (y) :)

Back