Rare Desert Fog

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

MrFotoFool

Supporting Member
Marketplace
On the morning of December 5, 2022, Tucson (Arizona, USA) experienced a rare thick fog that covered the city. How rare is it? I have lived here almost thirty years and only recall seeing this two or three times before. Taken with my favorite combination: Nikon D850 and Nikkor 70-200 f2.8 E lens.
copyright HOOD 30122.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Thanks for the compliments. I have both SLR (Nikon D850) and mirrorless (Sony A74). I took a couple shots with the Sony but most with the Nikon. This was not only because the lens was more appropriate (my only Sony lens is 200-600) but I also found in the thick fog that the standard SLR viewfinder gave me a clearer view than the electronic mirrorless viewfinder, which tended to magnify the fogginess (not sure how to describe it).

In general I prefer the look of the SLR viewfinder, though whenever I mention this on SonyAlphaShooters some of them say (in so many words) that I am nuts and mirrorless is the way of the future and I should just get used to it.

Back