Really Right Stuff BH-55 Ball Head Issue

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Salonick

Supporting Member
When starting and stopping a pan at small increments, the rotation is not smooth, instead, it seemingly jumps and is not fluid at the beginning of the pan.

The pan lock knob is fully disengaged, but still seems to retain pressure as though it remains partially locked. It jerks at the beginning of a pan and appears as though the pan lock knob, while fully disengaged, still retains pressure.

Is this typical of the BH-55, is there something I am missing, or is it in need of factory service?

When starting and stopping a pan at small increments, the rotation is not smooth, instead, it seemingly jumps and is not fluid at the beginning of the pan.

The pan lock knob is fully disengaged, but still seems to retain pressure as though it remains partially locked. It jerks at the beginning of a pan and appears as though the pan lock knob, while fully disengaged, still retains pressure.

Is this typical of the BH-55, is there something I am missing, or is it in need of factory service?
Not normal. Mine is smooth as butta. Could be grit got into it. Blow air, rinse well, repeat. If not, send them an email, they're very good that way

Everyone's feedback is very helpful and much appreciated. I have dealt with RRS in the past and they have been nothing less than fantastic. I will not hesitate to send it back for repair as it's still under the 5 year warranty period. It's virtually brand new and have experienced those symptoms since the onset.

Back