Recommendations for 32 4k Display Under $1k (not Apple's)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RecalcitrantRon

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I am looking at retiring my 2017 27 inch Core i7, 40GB ram iMac in favor of a M2 Mini Pro. I am looking for a 32 inch 4k display preferably under $1,000. Any recommendations?

Back in the CRT days, one of my cats liked to sleep on top of the warm monitor. Things got ugly when she barfed into the vent slots.
OMG. I can only imagine.

Well I have to thank you for this thread. Although I didn't follow it completely. I looked hard at the Dell but ended up with the BenQ 321 that arrives tomorrow. Currently at $1799 at BH and I use the PayBoo so no tax. I read a number of very consistent reviews and there were a couple of features that I might find useful. One is the shade and the other is the puck as I have variable light throughout the day. With the puck you can dial in brightness. But there were also two other factors. One is the color gamut available and the other is the uniformity tech. Eizo didn't have much in the 32" size in that price point and Apple's Studio Monitor is only 27".

So thanks for getting me off my arse and finally making a choice.

NOW - how do I keep the cats off the monitor shade? Hmmm - I am not sure yet.

OMG. I can only imagine.

Well I have to thank you for this thread. Although I didn't follow it completely. I looked hard at the Dell but ended up with the BenQ 321 that arrives tomorrow. Currently at $1799 at BH and I use the PayBoo so no tax. I read a number of very consistent reviews and there were a couple of features that I might find useful. One is the shade and the other is the puck as I have variable light throughout the day. With the puck you can dial in brightness. But there were also two other factors. One is the color gamut available and the other is the uniformity tech. Eizo didn't have much in the 32" size in that price point and Apple's Studio Monitor is only 27".

So thanks for getting me off my arse and finally making a choice.

NOW - how do I keep the cats off the monitor shade? Hmmm - I am not sure yet.
Cover the shade with tinfoil. The BenQ 321 looks like a great monitor. It’s just out of my price range. That said, I’m interested in knowing what you think of it if you care to share after you have some usage time.

Back