Recommended Arca Swiss Lens Foot Plates for Upcoming 180-600 Lens?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Also, it seems a bit short in terms of providing flexibility for balancing on the variety of gimbal and tripod. Heads out there and cameras, considering that the Z8 and Z9 will balance differently.

Talked to Jeff at Kirk (owner) and they’re working on a replacement collar that will have a Arca foot. Expected that but was nice to get confirmation.

While no ETA, he said he’ll email customers who are on the newsletter subscription when preorders go live.

In the meantime, I check the site daily in the off chance I beat the email distribution ☺️

I’m using the Kirk but what I’d like is the entire collar replaced by one that freely rotates.
What do you mean by freely rotates? If you untighten the screw a little, the collar rotates around the lens pretty smoothly, at least that’s my experience?

When I have lens secured to tripod, I have it set this way so I can rotate camera vertically when needed.

Prices and quality can be expected to vary: RRS, Kirk, Haoghe, perhaps Leofoto....

Similar to this design for the 200-500 f5.6E

It would be the LCF-21 if it is the same foot as the 70-200mm, Z 100-400mm, and Z 400mm f/4.5. I haven't checked on if it is the same as the 180-600 since I don't own or plan to own one. The LCF-21 did just become available again today from RRS and I ordered one for my new 400 f/4.5 although I expect to hand hold it 99% of the time..

Back