Record z9 evf with iphone

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Good afternoon, I’m wondering if it’s possible to record the evf with an iPhone thru a cable?

I take alot of photos of my kids sports and lately I have been taking videos and making little highlight reels which come out great. The only problem is when I save the stills from video they are not always clear due to the low shutter while recoding video.

I would like to continue to to take photos as normal but maybe record my evf and use that video playback to make little light light clips.

Good afternoon, I’m wondering if it’s possible to record the evf with an iPhone thru a cable?

I take alot of photos of my kids sports and lately I have been taking videos and making little highlight reels which come out great. The only problem is when I save the stills from video they are not always clear due to the low shutter while recoding video.

I would like to continue to to take photos as normal but maybe record my evf and use that video playback to make little light light clips.
Accsoon SeeMo makes an accessory that makes your phone an HDMI monitor.

If you connect to a monitor with the hdmi cable, you can see the camera rear screen. Just turn on screen recording or iPhone. I have a small tripod for my iPhone For this purpose.

If you connect to a monitor with the hdmi cable, you can see the camera rear screen. Just turn on screen recording or iPhone. I have a small tripod for my iPhone For this purpose.
Thanks for the responses everyone. Patrick could you clarify? So your saying connect to a external monitor via cable but then how are you getting it to your phone to screen record?

Thanks for the responses everyone. Patrick could you clarify? So your saying connect to an external monitor via cable but then how are you getting it to your phone to screen record?
As I said, I have the iPhone on a tripod. I did try screen record but it didn’t work. the reason I used a hdmi cable was to throw the camera rear screen data to a large screen which makes recording by iPhone easier.
the obvious alternative is a monitor like Atomos which you can record everything. But they’re quite pricey.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Patrick could you clarify? So your saying connect to a external monitor via cable but then how are you getting it to your phone to screen record?
The iPhone is not natively a monitor, so it's not just pluging a wire. There are several companies (DJI, Accsoon, others) that have a $150 thingie to do that. Or others that make small external monitors. In the near future when (if) Adobe Frami.io is adopted by camera manufacturers there will probably be an easy app solution.

As I said, I have the iPhone on a tripod. I did try screen record but it didn’t work. the reason I used a hdmi cable was to throw the camera rear screen data to a large screen which makes recording by iPhone easier.
the obvious alternative is a monitor like Atomos which you can record everything. But they’re quite pricey.
Ok that’s what I thought but your post said turn on screen recording which is the internal screen recording of whatever is on your iPhone screen and it confused me. Your just recording the monitor with your iPhone camera.

Ok that’s what I thought but your post said turn on screen recording which is the internal screen recording of whatever is on your iPhone screen and it confused me. Your just recording the monitor with your iPhone camera.
that's correct. sorry, didn't mean to confuse you. With my PCs have QuickTime and on the Mac I have screen recording, which is very similar to the IOS screen recording, However, they don't work with the HDMI connection. It can be made to work with a third party app where the camera feed comes in as an app ...but that's more than I needed when I was doing this.

Back