Red Eyed Tree Frog

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Steve

Admin
Staff member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
There's been some talk of Nikon's Focus Shift Shooting here and I thought I'd share this image. One thing that really turned out to be a game-changer for me was the speed that you can pull off shots with Focus Shift Shooting. In order to get the frog, his toes, and the flower in focus, I did a 24 pic stack and it took less than 30 seconds on the Z7. No way to pull that off manually before he moved! Just between us, I'm also working on a new video workshop for focus stacking with Focus Shift Shooting :)

hanging-red-eye-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

As soon as your email came in announcing this forum, I knew I was going to be a member just to see photos like this!
Where did the 24-image blend get done? And how long did that take?

There's been some talk of Nikon's Focus Shift Shooting here and I thought I'd share this image. One thing that really turned out to be a game-changer for me was the speed that you can pull off shots with Focus Shift Shooting. In order to get the frog, his toes, and the flower in focus, I did a 24 pic stack and it took less than 30 seconds on the Z7. No way to pull that off manually before he moved! Just between us, I'm also working on a new video workshop for focus stacking with Focus Shift Shooting :)

View attachment 199
Brilliant!

As soon as your email came in announcing this forum, I knew I was going to be a member just to see photos like this!
Where did the 24-image blend get done? And how long did that take?
I used Helicon for it - It was just a couple minutes I think to blend it. It goes pretty fast.

Reactions: jer
[QUOTE = "Steve, message: 587, membre: 1"]
On a parlé de la prise de vue avec décalage de la mise au point de Nikon ici et j'ai pensé partager cette image. Une chose qui a vraiment changé la donne pour moi est la vitesse à laquelle vous pouvez réaliser des photos avec Focus Shift Shooting. Afin de mettre au point la grenouille, ses orteils et la fleur, j'ai fait une pile de 24 photos et cela a pris moins de 30 secondes sur le Z7. Pas moyen de retirer ça manuellement avant qu'il ne bouge! Juste entre nous, je travaille également sur un nouvel atelier vidéo pour le focus stacking avec Focus Shift Shooting:)

[ATTACH = full] 199 [/ ATTACH]
[/CITATION]Superbe, je viens d'acheter un D850 (800 déclenchement) pour justement cette fonction. Il faut que je comprenne comment régler le pas.

[QUOTE = "Steve, message: 1239, membre: 1"]
J'ai utilisé Helicon pour cela - Il ne m'a fallu que quelques minutes pour le mélanger. Ça va assez vite.
[/CITATION]Hélicon, mieux que photoshop ?

View attachment 199
Wonderful image...think my bucket list is turning into a dump truck list as I go through the forum.

Thanks - it was the newest Nikon 105 macro (AF-S), on a tripod.
I was wondering what AF-S lens you found to work with the Focus Shift feature. Nikon's way overdue for an AF-S version of the 200mm micro now that they're adding this feature to high end cameras.

Fabulous image!

Back