Refurbished Z Telephoto Lenses Available from Nikon USA (website problem reported to Nikon USA)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAJohnson

Supporting Member
Marketplace

NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S (Refurbished) $11,199.96​

NIKKOR Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S (Refurbished) $12,399.95​

NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S (Refurbished) $6,499.95​

I don't see a way to add one of these to my cart. What am I missing?

Thanks!
They might be updating the site, or there’s a coding problem on the refurb webpages. I used two different browsers and in neither was there a Buy Now button on any of the refurb products, nor is the Sort By filter working. 😕

I have reported it to Nikon USA customer support.

Last edited:
I just clicked on the Nikon USA website to look at the refurbished link, only to find it is not there. It used to be one of three options under the top tab called deals. Now that tab only has two options, items on sale (new) and trade-in program. I looked at other tabs in case they moved it, but nothing. Finally I typed refurbished into the search bar and still nothing. So Nikon USA is no longer offering refurbished items? Does anyone have news on this?

I will bet that Nikon will continue to offer "refurbished sales" of several days duration at a time. Maybe they don't want to deal with the trickle of individual item sales in between those weekend-long events. We'll see, won't we?

I've bought a lot of refurbished Nikon gear over the past 6 years and my experience is that the product availability updates in real time. Keep in mind that some items may be very low stock, maybe only one available.

If you see something and can add it to your shopping cart then one is available and you can buy it. Don't waste any time, complete the purchase after a few minutes it will be remarked as available for other shoppers and although your browser still shows it in your cart you will discover you can't complete the transaction.

If you see something listed, but can't add it to your cart, then someone else has it in their cart, but hasn't bought it yet. Keep refreshing your browser, if the person with it in their cart times out you may be able to snag it.

If you refresh your browser (or start a new browser window) and the item you saw a moment ago isn't listed it means someone bought the last one.

I was excited to see a refurbished TC1.4 for sale a few years ago I could see it listed, but couldn't add it to my cart. I kept refreshing the listing until I was able to add it to my cart. When I went to check out my credit card declined the purchase, thinking the transaction was suspicious and I had to verify the purchase on my phone and re-purchase the item. I snagged it and then reloaded the listing page and it was no longer listed as available.

Based on discussion in other forums I offer the possibility that Nikon is currently updating the page/section. My own alternative working theory is that they decided to limit refurbished sales to those weekend-long "sales" they have offered periodically for years now. It's really hard to believe that Nikon would stop selling refurbished items. What else would they do with them?

As an aside, I used a Sony body also for about a year and a half and as far as I know Sony USA never offered refurbished products on their website.

The direct link is still missing (as of evening of April 17), but if you type refurbished in the search bar it will take you to the page (which I will link below) and you can now order items (whereas before you could not even if you found the page).

I know this thread is about lenses, but I see the Z8 refurb is on sale, too.

Do we know if it’s a full warranty? Cant seem to find any info.
I purchased a refurb Z8 last year and it came with a 90 day warranty not the regular 1 year warranty.

Here's a link to Nikon's warranty page that includes refurb items: https://www.nikonusa.com/content/warranty-program

Generally, if the "BUY" button takes you to a page not found that means the item(s) has sold. In my book refurbished savings of 10% with a limited warranty are not worth the discount.

Back