Replacement Foot for Z600 6.3

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I know this was discussed back in the fall as the lens was just being released, but I was curious to know which replacement foot (with Arca-style mount) everyone was finding works best for the Z600 6.3. Thanks!

I bought the one from Hejnar (received it last week) as it was very reasonable priced, had a QD slot and of course an AS dovetail.
The disadvantage compared to the one from Kirk for instance is that the foot is not really removable but is not bothering me at all.

This is the one from Kirk:

Because the foot is not removable and I really don't need it to carry the 600pf, I'm using the low profile foot from Henjar that gets "out of the way" when I'm not using a tripod. It's working for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1247_1600.jpg
    IMG_1247_1600.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1248_1600.jpg
    IMG_1248_1600.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 28
I bought the Haoge replacement foot for $50 on Amazon. It works on the 800mm PF, 600mm f/4 TC, 400mm f/2.8 TC, and I would expect that it would work with the 600mm PF lens.
At least with the 800mm PF lens when mounted on a Z9 camera the center of gravity on a gimbal head is about an inch in front of the mounting point and so the length of the foot is not a concern as it has been with lighter lenses.

I bought the Haoge replacement foot for $50 on Amazon. It works on the 800mm PF, 600mm f/4 TC, 400mm f/2.8 TC, and I would expect that it would work with the 600mm PF lens.
At least with the 800mm PF lens when mounted on a Z9 camera the center of gravity on a gimbal head is about an inch in front of the mounting point and so the length of the foot is not a concern as it has been with lighter lenses.
The Z 600 uses a quick release foot like the Z 70-200, Z 100-400 and Z 400 f4.5.

The Z 400 TC, Z 600 TC, and Z 800 PF do not use a quick release foot. So I doubt a replacement foot that works on these lenses would work on the Z 600 mm PF.

Just took a look at the RRS replacement foot that fits the Z 400 TC, Z 800 PF and Z 600 TC, which I just got for the Z 400 TC, but have not installed yet. I don’t see that it would fit the Z 600 mm PF.

That Kirk one looks the best to me because it is longer. The RRS and especially that Henjar look too short to be good for carry or for handheld palm resting.
All three have QD which is what I use on my PD strap so for me I'd go for the longest foot.

That Kirk one looks the best to me because it is longer. The RRS and especially that Henjar look too short to be good for carry or for handheld palm resting.
All three have QD which is what I use on my PD strap so for me I'd go for the longest foot.
Assuming I'm measuring from where they are (which is a big if...)

Looks like the OEM foot is 3.5" and theirs is 4.28". I tend to agree that the Kirk foot looks the best.

I bought the one from Hejnar (received it last week) as it was very reasonable priced, had a QD slot and of course an AS dovetail.
The disadvantage compared to the one from Kirk for instance is that the foot is not really removable but is not bothering me at all.

This is the one from Kirk:
I have Henjar feet on all my lenses specifically chosen because I don’t want a removable foot. I remember Steve’s video about the foot coming loose on his 500pf and don’t want to experience that!

The Hejnar foot appears to be 0.2" longer than the Kirk foot.

However, the only pic I can find of the Hejnar is their CAD advertisement or whatever. Can anyone post a pic of it on the lens?
IMG_3242.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

It’s on a 500 PF. The 500 is attached to a 1.4 tc

The Hejnar foot appears to be 0.2" longer than the Kirk foot.

However, the only pic I can find of the Hejnar is their CAD advertisement or whatever. Can anyone post a pic of it on the lens?
It is longer but a good portion of that length is behind the mount point where as the Kirk is all forward of the mount. So the Kirk has a longer extension forward which is what I care about. I don't care about how that rear extension might help balance this on a gimbal....this lens will never see a gimbal in its lifetime when I'm out shooting.

It is longer but a good portion of that length is behind the mount point where as the Kirk is all forward of the mount. So the Kirk has a longer extension forward which is what I care about. I don't care about how that rear extension might help balance this on a gimbal....this lens will never see a gimbal in its lifetime when I'm out shooting.
The longer portion is in front of the mount toward the front of the lens. For carrying the lens it really doesn’t matter one way or the other. See photo above.

I have the Kirk replacement foot. I use the QD connection with a BR strap. Shooting hand held can be done with the strap, I really don't like hand holding attached to the strap. I find shooting the lens with the foot attached a PITA. Killing two birds with one stone sort of speak. I just loosen the knob on the foot, remove it and let it hang from the strap. When done, and its time to move on I re-attach the foot, tighten the know and continue on my way. Some people seem to have a issues with the removable foot, myself I have been shooting this way for years, actually decades without a problem.

I ordered a replacement foot for my 600 pf f/6.3 from Leofoto USA. $69. Looks almost exactly like the Kirk. It got good reviews. I have a similar one on my 500 pf.
https://leofotousa.com/products/leo...m-f-2-8-vr-s-lens?_pos=1&_sid=58cfda4ec&_ss=r
I had a few items from Leofoto and is all replaced with more trusted brands as I had too fast wear & tear. Our gear is not particularly cheap and just not feel comfortable carrying my stuff on a cheap knockoff. As always, just my own experience and opinion ;-)

Back