Replacement Foot for Z600 6.3

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I had a few items from Leofoto and is all replaced with more trusted brands as I had too fast wear & tear. Our gear is not particularly cheap and just not feel comfortable carrying my stuff on a cheap knockoff. As always, just my own experience and opinion ;-)
I've had a Leofoto foot on my 500 pf since I bought it without a single problem. The US versions are sold in the USA and usually in stock and shipped instantly from LA. That is not to say others have not had problems. As a retired machinist I feel it seems to me to be well made. But "crap" happens. Maybe I was lucky but I've seen no bad reports on their equipment. Henry Hudsen brags about their tripods.

The Leofoto option looks great. They make two different sizes, a standard 3.5" and a larger 4.25" which happens to be the longest foot I've seen so far.

I replaced all my expensive Gitzo/Wimberley stuff with Leofoto a few years ago and it's been a match made in heaven. No reason to overspend for the same type of stuff.

The Leofoto option looks great. They make two different sizes, a standard 3.5" and a larger 4.25" which happens to be the longest foot I've seen so far.

I replaced all my expensive Gitzo/Wimberley stuff with Leofoto a few years ago and it's been a match made in heaven. No reason to overspend for the same type of stuff.
I ordered the 4.25" And it just arrived. Ordered it on Wednesday and it arrived in the mail on Friday. Looks and feels great great, has all the features that I was looking for in a tripod foot. Seems tight and well made, Time will tell.

The longer portion is in front of the mount toward the front of the lens. For carrying the lens it really doesn’t matter one way or the other. See photo above.
Sure it does. With that Henjar you'd have less to grab onto unless you grip onto both in front and behind the mount section. But beyond that, the other reason I always try to find the longest foot possible is my preferred handholding technique is foot in palm of hand (I am not a fan of flipping the foot to the top and holding the barrel). I also look for a foot that is as close to the lens as possible while still allowing room for fingers in lightweight gloves to slide between when using it as a handle.

I'm a fan of Henjar, I've got a bunch of his feet for various lenses and even have a custom designed one he made for me. But IMO that Henjar design is inferior to the Kirk. I'll have to see if Chris would make me one with an extra inch of length up front and a bit closer to the barrel. Not sure if he will still do custom ones as it was some time ago I had the one made for a Canon lens.

The Kirk is 4.28" so just slightly longer. I'd still go for the Leofoto 4.25" to save some $$. They look like clones anyways.

Sure it does. With that Henjar you'd have less to grab onto unless you grip onto both in front and behind the mount section. But beyond that, the other reason I always try to find the longest foot possible is my preferred handholding technique is foot in palm of hand (I am not a fan of flipping the foot to the top and holding the barrel). I also look for a foot that is as close to the lens as possible while still allowing room for fingers in lightweight gloves to slide between when using it as a handle.

I'm a fan of Henjar, I've got a bunch of his feet for various lenses and even have a custom designed one he made for me. But IMO that Henjar design is inferior to the Kirk. I'll have to see if Chris would make me one with an extra inch of length up front and a bit closer to the barrel. Not sure if he will still do custom ones as it was some time ago I had the one made for a Canon lens.
Its inferior based on your use but I’m not a fan of holding the foot while shooting. I just rotate the foot approx. 90o. to my left and I hold the lens near the function buttons. I find the use of the function button very convenient while shooting. I guess there are many ways to skin a cat. To each their own😉

I know this was discussed back in the fall as the lens was just being released, but I was curious to know which replacement foot (with Arca-style mount) everyone was finding works best for the Z600 6.3. Thanks!
I bought the Leofoto Leofoto NF-05N. They also have a longer foot Leofoto NF-05L (108mm vs. 91mm). I really like it. It has a QD connector. I find it to be very solid. Quite a reasonable price.

The Hejnar foot appears to be 0.2" longer than the Kirk foot.

However, the only pic I can find of the Hejnar is their CAD advertisement or whatever. Can anyone post a pic of it on the lens?

Attachments

• IMG_3118.jpeg
    IMG_3118.jpeg
    483.3 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 20
I’ve been very pleased with the Henjar. I also purchased the low profile one for my 100-400. I don’t carry that lens by the foot. So the low profile makes it extremely easy to hold and adjust the lens when shooting.

Last edited:
IMHO RRS is always the absolute best designed and made. If you need/want to save $$$ then go with another brand that also makes what you want, Best of luck.
I have two RRS LCF-21s. High quality and they look like they could have come from Nikon. I’m totally happy with them.

Back