Rufescent tiger herons - Regurgitant feeding - A winner and a loser

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

PhD69

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Unfortunately there was only one fish for the two young herons. Last image: the loser remains on the ground, wings spread and legs bent, while the second one has gone to swallow his catch.

Young herons have a truly magical plumage that I love.

Thanks to the SONY 600mm f4 GM, the quality of the light and colours, the full detail pictures are really crispy. See them here

BCG-060.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

BCG-061.JPG

BCG-064.JPG

BCG-047.JPG

BCG-049.JPG

BCG-050.JPG

Last edited:
Unfortunately there was only one fish for the two young herons. Last image: the loser remains on the ground, wings spread and legs bent, while the second one has gone to swallow his catch.

Young herons have a truly magical plumage that I love.

Thanks to the SONY 600mm f4 GM, the quality of the light and colours, the full detail pictures are really crispy. See them here

View attachment 51901
View attachment 51902
View attachment 51903
View attachment 51891
View attachment 51892
View attachment 51893
I love the expression of the parent👍👍👍

Great capture. Food competition can get intense and sometimes ugly when there are multiple mouths to feed.
Thank you. In this case, as I mentioned above, the two young were of comparable sizes. The adult must alternate feeding between them.

Back