Sage Grouse Spat

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

bsinc1962

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Some words were said.

Greater Sage Grouse spat sm.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Well at least they stopped short of blows. Great shot.
The funny thing Dan is that when you go image by image they spend a lot of time hitting each other over the head with their wings lol
Amazing shot Bill, very well done.
Thanks Louie. Super windy this morning so all the video I shot didn't have the great sounds associated with the mating ritual.

Thanks. This is a situation where pre-capture came in very handy. They go from zero to fighting to zero in the blink of an eye.
I still have not gotten myself to try pre capture since it is jpg but this is fantastic :)

I just start shooting before the action and frequently have a lot of extra shots :)

I can not even get to my favorite lek this year and most likely will not be able to because of a LOT of snow.

I still have not gotten myself to try pre capture since it is jpg but this is fantastic :)

I just start shooting before the action and frequently have a lot of extra shots :)

I can not even get to my favorite lek this year and most likely will not be able to because of a LOT of snow.
I echo your thoughts on pre-capture being jpg. In this case there was plenty of light so I felt like I wouldn't have to do much work at the extremes. I also shot a ton of raw images as well as video.

We had an above average snow year here as well and we have years that just getting to the lek is a challenge. I was surprised that the snow drifts this year were such that we were able to get to the lek earlier than usual.

Back