Samsung T7 Shield users/thoughts?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

There's a nice deal on B&H for a 2TB model, with an extra coupon at checkout. $125 with tax for a 2TB rugged ssd seems like an amazing deal. Anyone use this SSD? I was planning to bag a Sandisk Extreme portable SSD, but this is a damn good deal for basically the same specs. Thank you!

Re-reading your post, I don’t know what a T7 “shield” is, but yes, I love the Samsung T7s SSDs (and the T5s before that). It’s a good deal for a very reliable external SSD. Just bought some 2TB ones on this deal earlier today.

Last edited:
There's a nice deal on B&H for a 2TB model, with an extra coupon at checkout. $125 with tax for a 2TB rugged ssd seems like an amazing deal. Anyone use this SSD? I was planning to bag a Sandisk Extreme portable SSD, but this is a damn good deal for basically the same specs. Thank you!
All I use.

Yes I use them. Recently have upgraded from 2TB to 4TB since my wife and I share backup disks. Shield is a rubber protection that fits around the drive to help protect in case it is dropped. BTW I have yet to list them, but i have several 2TB Samsung T7 shield drives for sale, Very lightly used, ran certification on each one. If interested let me know via PM. Reasonably priced.

I have used the Samsung 2TB "non-shield" versions of the T7 and T5 SSDs for several years. They have worked great for me and the size is good for travel. I mostly use them to back up my laptop when traveling or at our cabin. I have put a silicone case around each of them for some protection in case I drop one.

I recently bought a Samsung 4TB T7 Shield SSD -- I think it was $269. Bigger capacity than what I have had and it comes already encased in rubber or silicone for protection. It is a little bit bigger physically than my 2TB non-shield T7s (even with a silicone case on the non-shield versions). Not sure if this is because of the covering the Shield version comes with or the greater capacity it has (4 TB versus 2TB) or both. Haven't used it enough to review it, but if it lives up to the non-shield version in reliability and is a bit more rugged, I'll be quite happy. My newish MBP has a 4 TB internal SSD and I have been looking for a good small external SSD (or two) for backup in case I go over 2 TB of items to backup.

For those that use these, are you installing the Windows or Mac setup software that is preloaded on them, or just formatting and using them. Picked up a couple 2TB for an upcoming trip. Thanks.

Back