Sandhill Crane Sunrise

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RecalcitrantRon

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I spent many mornings waiting for a single crane to align with the sun
RJS_9520.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Superb! I only with the bird was looking toward the camera more, but still great.

If it did, you would lose the shape of the beak. Now a nice spread of the wings, that's what I'm chasing next.

Patience paid off. Like the inclusion of (presumably) cranes in the background.

They were a mix of cranes, cackling geese, northern shovelers and probably some other ducks.

I love the photo as it is. I don't think I'd change a thing. If someone held a gun to my head and forced me to come up with "suggestions", here is what I'd say:

1) Do you have any more room to the right to make the crane and sun a bit off center? I'm not sure it would be more appealing than what you have here but who knows. I personally like the centered subject in this instance but maybe that would yield something.
2) Is it possible to smooth out the gradation of the slight band around the top half of edge of the sun? (Not sure if that makes any sense)

As I said, I think this is a great image and would do really well in a metal print just as it is so don't take my comments as negatives - just questions.

I love the photo as it is. I don't think I'd change a thing. If someone held a gun to my head and forced me to come up with "suggestions", here is what I'd say:

1) Do you have any more room to the right to make the crane and sun a bit off center? I'm not sure it would be more appealing than what you have here but who knows. I personally like the centered subject in this instance but maybe that would yield something.
2) Is it possible to smooth out the gradation of the slight band around the top half of edge of the sun? (Not sure if that makes any sense)

As I said, I think this is a great image and would do really well in a metal print just as it is so don't take my comments as negatives - just questions.
Thank so much.

Back